List of CNUT Blog Title's

Total Pageviews

Avid readers of the CNUT Blog

Tuesday 8 March 2016

lets help one of our own!

Hi Gerry,

As you've read 'The Last Fiesta' and said you enjoyed it, I thought I'd send you this. I've just had some really good news which I wanted to share and I'd also like to ask you a favour. I hope you don't mind. 'The Last Fiesta' has just been nominated for the People's Book Prize 2016. Once it's been nominated by the panel, it's down to the public to vote so I'm trying to muster all the votes I can get!

The People’s Book Prize is a democratic prize voted exclusively by the public aimed at finding, supporting and promoting new and undiscovered authors and their works. The founding patron of the award was the distinguished novelist Beryl Bainbridge and the current patron is Frederick Forsyth (author of The Day of the Jackal). Each quarter a list of books in three categories - fiction, non-fiction and children – are chosen by the panel and then the public vote for a winner in each one. At the end of May, there is an annual award ceremony where an overall winner is chosen from the quarterly finalists.

Sky News are turning up to the annual awards ceremony, so it's potentially high profile, much higher than anything I've previously experienced, anyway! It's been quite a struggle raising the profile of the book and this would seem like a great opportunity.

If you would like to vote, you can vote directly http://www.peoplesbookprize.com/book.php?id=1398

Alternatively you can go to my website and vote there (I've just built my own website, the cheating way; all drag and drop, no html code in sight!)

http://www.andyrumbold.com/news

Thank you very much for all your support, I really do appreciate it! Would you possibly spread the word with others who may have read and enjoyed the book?

Best wishes,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment